The Voluntary Agreement (originally signed on 16 February 2011) establishes a set of targets to be met for all products sold on the EU market. Requirements for energy-efficiency and duplexing availability must be met by at least 90% of products sold.
The agreement aims to reduce the environmental footprint of imaging equipment – both by design and by helping customers make informed choices during purchase and usage of the equipment:
- Design requirements relate to energy consumption, default delay times, recto-verso printing, the ability to print several pages on one sheet of paper, recycling and cartridge reuse. Machines must be designed for easy recycling of plastic and other materials and must be able to accommodate non-OEM ink and toner cartridges.
- Information requirements cover resource and energy efficiency, paper usage and cartridge disposal. Business and retail customers must be provided with accurate, detailed and transparent information.
The requirements will contribute to reaching the objectives of the EU Action Plan on Energy Efficiency and curb EU energy consumption by 20% by 2020.
- NEW! EuroVAprint updated position paper on the environmental impact of reuse vs. recycling of toner and inkjet cartridges
- NEW! European Commission letter on tier 3 targets from 1 January 2017
- NEW! European Commission guidelines recommendation and Annex
- Renewed endorsement of amended Voluntary Agreement by European Commission - June 2015
- Draft Guidelines on the self-regulation measures concluded by industry under the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC
- Draft revised Industry Voluntary Agreement to improve the environmental performance of imaging equipment- December 2013
- Report from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council on the voluntary ecodesign scheme for imaging equipment (COM (2013) 23 of 29/01/2013)
Next Steering Committee meeting:
- NEW! The next ErP Lot 4 VA Steering Committee meeting will take place in Brussels in June 2017 (date TBC). For any inquiries, please contact secretariat(at)eurovaprint.eu
Minutes of Steering Committee meetings:
- Meeting Minutes, 16 June 2011
- Meeting Minutes, 7 December 2011
- Meeting Minutes, 2 July 2012
- Meeting Minutes, 4 December 2012
- Meeting Minutes, 26 April 2013
- Meeting Minutes, 10 June 2013
- Meeting Minutes, 26 September 2013
- Meeting Minutes, 21 January 2014
- Meeting Minutes, 10 September 2015
- NEW! Meeting Minutes, 22 June 2016